Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Whirlwind Week

The last several days have gone by very quickly. We had Parade of Nations on Friday, which is an all day festival of countries. Each grade adopted a country. My fifth graders transformed our classroom into the United Arab Emirates and brought food and items in to share with the entire school. My fourth graders created a skit and decorated their classroom to look like Thailand. It was a wonderful time, although exhausting! I was so impressed to see my students step up and really work hard to learn about another culture. Tomorrow I begin teaching, which I am excited about.

On Friday night, I had the opportunity to visit a Paraguayan family that Emily knew. We went to their house and spent time with them. I had a blast using my Spanish and getting to know the family a little better. I wake up every morning, thankful that I have this opportunity to learn, grow, and impact others for Christ here in Paraguay.

1 comment:

  1. Out of all the places in the world it would be Thail-land as I would say :-) Oh boy! The memories, the embarrassment! Wouldn't trade it for the world. Miss ya tons!

    ReplyDelete